Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen C3?

Options
  • 26-02-2010 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

My daughter's thinking of buying one of these, it's a 05 car in absolutely spotless condition but it's got 105k miles on it, it's got a years NCT on it and it's a 1.1. I'm a small bit wary of the mileage but the dealer tells me that they're a very reliable car, it's been well serviced and very well looked after from what I can see. He wants 4500 for it straight but will stand over it, she has her heart set on it, what do ye think?

Comments

You'll get a similar one with half the miles for the same (ish) cash if you are patient and keep an eye out :) 400 miles a week on a 1.1 for 5 years is quite a bit really.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1168809

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Maybe but she want it like now!!! And in fairness the car looks as new and original condition, i'm just wondering are they a trouble free car with this mileage?

At over 100K miles on any car shocks, brake discs, wheel cylinders etc could all be nearing replacement time if they haven't already been done. Alternator, starter motor etc may be wearing. Gearbox bearings may be starting to whine a bit. At 400 miles a week I imagine the C3 has seen some heavy commuting, 1.1 engine buzzing away at well over 3000rpms isn't really in its ideal zone. Could be faultless for years yet or loads of stuff could go within the first year. I wouldn't buy a five year old supermini with 100K miles on it unless it was dirt cheap, €4500 isn't cheap at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you want a flakey French hatchback, surely it's Pug 206 cousin would be a better bet?

I don't think the C3 is a good car, ad that doesn't sound particularly cheap.

Here's an 05 206 1.1 with half the mileage for under 5k.
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Peugeot/206/LX-1.1-5/201005196824905/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe but she want it like now!!! And in fairness the car looks as new and original condition, i'm just wondering are they a trouble free car with this mileage?

I think you need to talk some sense into her. €4500 is too much money for a 05 C3 with over 100k miles especially when there is one already posted with a fraction of the mileage for the same money. The 100k miles one might be mint looking but there are lots of components that may be coming to the end of there natural life which means she may be spending more money on it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I wouldn't. Test drove a 1.1 with a third of that mileage for a friend a few months back. Horrid little car. Rattly, slow, woeful interior. Only thing going for it was the seats were comfy

Advertisement