Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Lexus CT200

Options
  • 25-02-2010 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Thought this would be an interesting one seeing its Lexus's first outing making a car this size> Anyways, the pictures have leaked so here it is

462618206-lexus-hatchback-photos-leaked.jpg?x=566&y=584&q=80&sig=Vj_lBQrgvqgATUCNwyMSVQ--

1807582352-lexus-hatchback-photos-leaked.jpg?x=566&y=584&q=80&sig=CU272hd6G2BVo4UKKfjC3Q--

464791509-lexus-hatchback-photos-leaked.jpg?x=566&y=584&q=80&sig=78pN6nl0q_quOnvFLDd1cA--

If Lexus wanted to compete in this class(Vs the A3, 1 series, A class and Golf in some respects) they would have to make an extremely stylish car and this just doesnt do it IMO, scarcely better looking than the 1 series really!

Its not officially unveiled 'till the Geneva motorshow in a few days so more technical details then no doubt

Opinions on this yoke?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those looking for nicer interiors or more sporty Toyotas will like this.
    But obviously because it's not German, it won't tempt those in the know about nice cars. It'll be hailed as fantastic until it's launched, then the likes of Top Gear and Auto Express will call it bland and unremarkable and that will be that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Looks like a fancy mazda 3!!!!

WhiteMazda3by_christianm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thats a disgrace imo. Looks like a load of mismatched ideas. The Mazda above looks so clean & uncluttered compared to it. I like lexus in general though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Looks like a "boy racered" Toyota Aurus. Some clown will buy it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The front looks like the facelifted Kia Ceed. I reckon the styling will age very quickly.

I cannot see Lexus selling many of these in Europe to be honest. They missed the boat by about 10 years on small hatchbacks with "premium" badges and the only thing that stands out on this model is that it is a hybrid only.

Might appeal to the Americans who want something a bit more upmarket than a Prius. However I cannot see many current European 1 Series or A3 owners swapping theirs for this. If it had low emmission conventional petrol and diesel engine options then it might appeal more to Europeans imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the concept was a bit nicer to be fair!
    80358020.jpg

Running gear seems to be a version of the 1.8 litre currently in the Prius, but I'm guessing they will use a different battery and motor setup and it'll be a power hybrid like the GS450h.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Looks like a "boy racered" Toyota Aurus. Some clown will buy it though.
    danielle-the-clown-383.jpg
    '' hi i'd like to order a lexus CT 200h ''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Looks like a hatchback IS200 with undersize wheels (even the big rims look dwarfed).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

argosy2006 wrote: »
    '' hi i'd like to order a lexus CT 200h ''

What do you mean the brakes don't work and the accelerator gets stuck

pennywise.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Running gear seems to be a version of the 1.8 litre currently in the Prius, but I'm guessing they will use a different battery and motor setup and it'll be a power hybrid like the GS450h.
    That'll make it very interesting.

The one pictured is a CT200h -- will there be a non 'h' version I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

It's a manky, ugly car.

It has FAIL written all over it.

Why are there no good looking hybrids out there?

I cannot belive that the world's largest car maker and one of the most profitable(until recently) can make a car look this bad.

As someone who loves to see the Germans being challenged (because their cars in general are living on past glories) and would love to see a decent non German car do well, to say I am disappointed is an understatement. It's not as if Lexus can't make cars look good, the IS looks great IMO. Even if it looked inoffensive like say the LS it wouldn't be half as bad. It looks like the lovechild of an Auris, IS and some sort of Estate put together.

This makes the 1 series(previously the ugliest small hatchback out there) look good ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

First thing I thought was is this a Mazda3 with different grille?

I think they should have added some LFA styling instead of robbing Mazda's designs :)

Advertisement