Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect washing machine to electric shower

Options
  • 25-02-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

This might sound bananas but its true. From the begininng. . . I needed to put a dishwasher where my washing machine is in my kitchen. Main thing is to get the washer out of the kitchen.

So lucky for me. I have a Bathroom with a shower and bath. and also a seperate room with only an electric shower. What I have done is connected the shower hose to the washing machine hose. I got the drain pipe going into the shower drain.

It works a charm! Perfect!

Only thing I'm not sure of, is, will the pressure on the shower damage it. Like when the washing machine is not using water, there is a backup in the shower, water sitting idle inside the shower box. At the end of the washing cycle I turn off the shower switch on the wall, but its just during the cycle there isn't always a constant flow of water.

Note its only cold water I am using. Does anyone know if there will be eventual damage done??

Please and Thank You!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Why didnt you just take a feed for the dishwasher and the washing machine from the same line.???

As for damage the washing machine is more likely to damage the shower as if it kicks into fill while someone is in the shower it will starve it off water.

Also I take it from the sounds of it you have the washing machine waste going into the bath waste. Just watch for a build up of fluff and scumm here but having said that I have seen worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BHeadie

What I meant to ask was will it damage the shower? we won't be taking showers durning the washing cycle. basically the shower will be left on all the time.

Like the washing machine will be the one to close the valve at the end of the cycle. but the valve will be at the end of the shoer hose, and the shower will still be on

• Registered Users Posts: 14 zedman

That does sound bannanas!! I cant see your shower lasting much longer..
    Could you not bring in a new supply from the tank above to supply your machene and carry on using the drain if needs be?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This isn't what the appliance was intended for. This can only end badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

the electric bill is going to be massive, you are pumping water to an item which does not require pumped water, what heat have you the shower set to, the washer may only require cold water,also the shower will be pumping against it self, expensive times ahead,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 BHeadie

I disconnected the water from the shower and hooked it directly to the washing machine. I figured I won't be using the shower so I might as well just disconnect it and do the job right.

Thanks for all your help!!

Advertisement