Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

consolegoods.co.uk

Options
  • 25-02-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭

anyone ever buy anything of this guy? He seens to sell alot of retro stuff for megadrives and snes etc. Just want abit of feedback before I buy anything of him.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Totally legit site. They're good guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

o1s1n wrote: »
    Totally legit site. They're good guys.

Thanks mate

Master of the Universe

mondeo wrote: »
    Thanks mate

/Puts on nosy hat

Whatcha buyin'? ;)

/Puts on nosy hat

Whatcha buyin'? ;)

A megadrive RBG scart cable!:D
    I want to bring my megadrive to life on my HD telly...Only just bought a megadrive II last week of a board member so can't wait to get a few games for it and get it up and running.

The guy at console goods says he will give me a discount if I just send the cash in an envelope by registered post.. Good idea?
    Requesting cash in a envelope is what prompted me to put this post up.

Master of the Universe

Eeep. No matter how reputable a shop, I'd never send cash in an envelope. It's just asking for trouble.

Although a MD scart RGB is hardly a million euro. So it's not the biggest gamble in the world.

I have a good few extra MD games if you'd be interested. But the majority are unboxed. I have sonic 1,2,3 and Sonic & knuckles unboxed. Don't know how complete you're looking for games to be.

• Advertisement

Eeep. No matter how reputable a shop, I'd never send cash in an envelope. It's just asking for trouble.

Although a MD scart RGB is hardly a million euro. So it's not the biggest gamble in the world.

I have a good few extra MD games if you'd be interested. But the majority are unboxed. I have sonic 1,2,3 and Sonic & knuckles unboxed. Don't know how complete you're looking for games to be.

Registered post is insured anyways by default so if I get stung it's no big deal, if he has a good rep why would he ruin it for himself? for £14 inc shipping I'll take the risk..:p

Ye I'd love one of the sonic games, boxed or not is not an issue for me. Just something to get me started is grand thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

he accepts postal orders aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Its also worth noting that these consoles were not designed for HD tv's. Get yourself a 28" 4:3 CRT to use with your rgb cable, because in my opinion they look totally sh1t on a widescreen hdtv.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Its also worth noting that these consoles were not designed for HD tv's. Get yourself a 28" 4:3 CRT to use with your rgb cable, because in my opinion they look totally sh1t on a widescreen hdtv.

where does one get a 28" crt these days haha.. I'll see how it looks on the HD TV first of all and make a decision afterwards. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

EnterNow wrote: »

this. CRT is the way to go for retro, keep an eye on adverts, you might get a freebie. a free 21 inch 4:3 crt would do nicely

• Advertisement
Advertisement