Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scams, Claims and Compensation Games

Options
  • 25-02-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Anybody else watching / watched this on C4 (9pm to 10pm Thursday 25th Feb)

Its infuriating! The UK (and prob Ireland) is turning into the USA. Suing for every petty thing. What has happened to the world! These chavvy scumbags suing cos a branch fell on her back in a park? So what? I used to fall out of tree's in parks when I was a kid, never sued the council!

19.5mm and you can't sue for paving, 20mm and you can!

SCUMBAGS! Suck it up.. grow a paid and stop leeching off the council!!!!!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

shouldnt this be in R&R ?

either way .... I totally agree with you - I work in the Civil Court and also cover the Garda Compo claims..... its not the people claiming you have to give out about ....its the people who tell them they have a claim and the judges who give the awards.

I have a disfigured thumb which was chopped off by a neighbour when I was 3 .... no compo culture at that time ...if the same happened today I'd be getting over 100K and a couple of other scars on my body which I see people suing and getting money for.

whats happened with society is that they've lost responsibility...... no-one accepts liability ...it HAS to be someone elses fault that little jimmy fell over and hurt himself...nothing to do with the fact that little jimmy is a hyperactive child with a negligent parent who cant keep an eye on him....until he falls over - suddenly the parent saw the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

I was going to put it it R&R, but then everybody would HAVE to agree with me and I was looking to start more of an open discussion! ;)

You are right though, society has lost all liability! I have a baby and I'm hoping to instill some sort of responsibility into him and not to blame everybody else for everything stupid he does!

And part of all this is the stupid retarded things we have to put up with and look at listen to thats come from it, e.g. have to put HOT CONTENTS on coffee cups or warning labels on EVERTHING (excluding cigarettes, thats acceptable to put warnings on!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

PCPhoto wrote: »

either way .... I totally agree with you - I work in the Civil Court and also cover the Garda Compo claims..... its not the people claiming you have to give out about ....its the people who tell them they have a claim and the judges who give the awards.

I have a disfigured thumb which was chopped off by a neighbour when I was 3 .... no compo culture at that time ...if the same happened today I'd be getting over 100K and a couple of other scars on my body which I see people suing and getting money for.

whats happened with society is that they've lost responsibility...... no-one accepts liability ...it HAS to be someone elses fault that little jimmy fell over and hurt himself...nothing to do with the fact that little jimmy is a hyperactive child with a negligent parent who cant keep an eye on him....until he falls over - suddenly the parent saw the whole thing.

Backseat modding = fail!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

PCPhoto wrote: »

Tell that to Louise Glover who got off scott free!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1251199/Ex-Playboy-model-Louise-Glover-walks-free-toilet-attack.html

I knew she would, i posted about her and said she'd get no jail time :rolleyes:

Advertisement