Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking ski gear online. Any hidden charges?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, I'm heading to Val Thorens for Paddy's week and have been looking at hiring a snowboard online rather than just hiring one when I get there. Intersport are listing a weeks board rental at €70.
    Has anyone had any experience with doing this and did they get hit with any further charges when they went to pick up the gear? It seems like a good price compared to some other shops in the area but I don't want to get stung. Is there anything I need to look out for?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Only that you are stuck with Intersport, even if you see something better available locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

No, there should not be any extra charges but check out where the shop is as you dont want a shop at the opposite end of the town to your accommodation.

Also most chalet/hotel/apartment owners have deals with nearby hire shops so dont forget to check out who your hotel/chalet recommend.

Advertisement