Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Tfsi hesitant running

Options
  • 25-02-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭

Now my car is still under audi warranty for alittle while more. I have a problem in that its a little hesitant under exceleration at times. Sometimes ok. It does it hot & cold but maybe a little worse when cold. Its way down on torque at its worst- it just feels strangled. Of course when I visited the dealer, they couldnt pick up on it. No fault light on dash.
    Now Ive seen this type of thing in cars Ive had before. On all occasions it turned out to be MAF sensor or a coil pack getting faulty.
    My question for the diagnostic people on here - Will this type of problem be leaving fault codes in the system at all for the dealer to see & is it reasonably easy for dealer to spot a slightly dodgy MAF sensor from the readings its producing etc or any other possible faults that cause this type of problem. The last thing I want is for this to still be there when warranty expires as from experience of audi, even the fact that the fault is reported now, they will just laugh at my problems once the warranty date passes. I will be booking in next week so want as much info as possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Sounds like you know your stuff, try and get a corner on one
    of the Audi mechanic's ask them could they not stick a MAF sensor
    from off the shelf on your car ans then try it. I know a few people
    that have done this with there cars, saves alot of time on the guessing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ya that would be the sensible thing to do. I will take one of the technicians out in the car for sure. The technicians seem sound & very interested but service manager etc dont do Audi any favours re customer relations & the likely response from service manager is no fault found. Anyway, I will see how it goes.

Advertisement