Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What type netting for ghillie suits

• 25-02-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

I cant find anywhere to buy netting suitable for a ghillie suit i am making, does anyone know where i can buy some, im in dublin. Also what type net do i need?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Paracord =/= Net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Soberts

Thanks for the reply,
    I think I will have to tie that cord up into a net though, way too much work for me lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

This is a really good vid, it's in 9 parts and covers different ways to construct a variety of ghillie suits

Hope it helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sULe0Sc4-Gw&feature=related

cheers mate, I was looking at those, they are really helpfull. I just need to know where i can get the netting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Soberts wrote: »
    I cant find anywhere to buy netting suitable for a ghillie suit i am making, does anyone know where i can buy some, im in dublin. Also what type net do i need?
    Thanks in advance

Scrim netting works well, you'll get scrim available in any decent military surplus store. Large, cheap and it's normally treated to be anti-rot. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

i made one out of an old hooded jacet stiched on burlap and then the good stuff,only prob is over heating so that one will do for the winter,but im going to make another out of a light hoodie and pants for the summer

Scrim netting, ill have a look

cheers mate, I was looking at those, they are really helpfull. I just need to know where i can get the netting.

Any fishing shop or hardware even homebase should have something for you to work with. I've also seen people use "and don't laugh" the plastic from 6 pack beer cans stitched into the material but failing all that it's not that hard to create a net.

Danin wrote: »
    Any fishing shop or hardware even homebase should have something for you to work with. I've also seen people use "and don't laugh" the plastic from 6 pack beer cans stitched into the material but failing all that it's not that hard to create a net.
    Haha thats hilarious!!! I was up in woodies but I could only find the jute twine I needed. I will try homebase

Ha Ha I know mate but honestly it does work, The lad that made it still uses it and its lasted longer than most others ha ha I suppose its down to what you have to hand. It doesn't take long to put a basic net together in the first place.

• Advertisement

Danin wrote: »
    Ha Ha I know mate but honestly it does work, The lad that made it still uses it and its lasted longer than most others ha ha I suppose its down to what you have to hand. It doesn't take long to put a basic net together in the first place.

To be honest, I havent a clue how to make a net! Im usually great at those types of things but I have a complete blank about that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

woop

Woop off.

A real simple way to make a basic net for what you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF8r-JPIOh8

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

use an old badminton net.

thermo wrote: »
    use an old badminton net.

Thats exactly what i used for my rifle wrap a whie ago but i then threw out the net.

Danin, thanks alot, ill have a go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Thanks in advance

You could buy a sniper veil.
    Or scrim netting, as mentioned, works just as well. Readily available on ebay and any army surplus.

Advertisement