Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding - College in Italy

Options
  • 24-02-2010 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I would like to go to study in Italy but i cant seem to find out if its possible to get a grant to pay your fees if you study abroad I know they pay your fees in Ireland but how can I make it happen abroad?? Does anyone know or if its possible to become''exempt'' from fees??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Hi Gemma, I'm currently in the first year of a 3 year degree here in Turin, Italy.

I don't know how it works with grants, I didn't qualify for one here, so I didn't look into being able to transfer it over here.

The fees unfortunately don't get paid by the government. You can do a declaration called the ISEE, which looks at how much your family earns, how many kids your family is supporting, how much property you own. On the basis of this, you can get a reduction in the fees, like all other Italian students. Scholarships are a possibility...but a slim one, competition is high, and the language barrier puts you at a disadvantage.

Have any other questions, feel free to drop me a pm, I've gone through all the bureaucracy and red tape so I know what the process is like.

Advertisement