Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 help !

Options
  • 25-02-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Ok guys im going to sound stupid.

On my old comp to get into the programs i just went to run and accesed it from there i just cant find a way to do it on windows 7. Im sure one of ye will be in with an answer in seconds.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to the windows forum.
    Start button+r should do it.
    If you right click on the star button and click on properties and go to the "start menu" tab there is a customise button, you should be able to select the run button in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Afraid im still lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Angus Og

Windows key + R?

I should edit my post.

Are you trying to bring up the Run Dialog box? If so Press the Windows key and R together. The WINDOWS key is between CONTROL and ALT on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Got it guys thanks but im still not able to access the file i need it just doesnt seem to be where it should.

Lets say i download a programme from net when i click windows +r there still not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Angus Og

When you download a programme it should go into your downloads folder. Or do you mean where's the shortcut after installation?

Here's an example:

C:\Users\General\Downloads

or

C:\Users\General\Documents\Downloads

The word 'General' is probably different for you. It is your user name on Windows.

You can type that into the RUN dialog box, and it will open the folder for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement