Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry records - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to the construction & planning forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You could pay and search on line here...
    http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/
    but there is a join up fee, which if you are not using it regularily it will not be worth it.

You would be best advised to go to your nearest Land Registry office and pay the €2.50 and get a copy of the folio document and map, you will need the 6" map to help locate the site/land.

What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Condi wrote: »
    I think the nearest to you would be in Letterkenny - located on the first floor of the courthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

so, if I go to L'kenny I can actually see the deeds, maps, plans and previous owners of the farmhouse we are trying to buy?

Durnish wrote: »
    so, if I go to L'kenny I can actually see the deeds, maps, plans and previous owners of the farmhouse we are trying to buy?
    Since my post above I understand that you will not now be able to order your maps through the local Land Registry Office.

However have a look here which should help.

In any event if you are buying the property your solicitor will be getting a copy of the folio and maps in any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

No contract has been signed and there is a deed of rectification underway, with a wee bit of a land grab going on. I don't believe our solicitor has the folio stuff yet.
    Shall look at yr link.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 NerdyNed

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but....

Durnish.

I was wondering how long it took to get the new deeds through. I'm buying a house (hoping to) at the minute. The site map needs to be corrected before I'll sign anything and I would like to have an idea of how long these things take.

I'm hoping a matter of days or weeks rather than months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 claire1983

Hi nerdy Ned

I was wondering how long did the deed of rectification take? and did you have the issue of there being a mortgage on the extra land? as this is the situation we are in at the moment and in a panic about it so your advise would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Hi claire1983. There's normally a bit of a backlog in the Land Registry as far as mapping is concerned (I did a rectification in November for which the rectified maps have just come back) but sometimes a letter to explain the urgency of a particular case may help speed things up, along with a phone call to the mapping section in the relevant department.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 NerdyNed

Hi Claire,
    It took around 8 - 10 weeks in all to get to a point where we knew we could go ahead with the purchase. That included the time it took to get the original owner to sign a letter of consent and return it, which took a few weeks in itself.

It hasn't actually gone completely through the registry process yet, but my solicitor tells me that its at a point where we can carry on with the purchase.

There was no issue with a mortgage in this case.

Good luck with your purchase.

Ned

Advertisement