Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on buying a Colt

Options
  • 25-02-2010 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

I was looking at a colt in a dealership in Sligo the other day.

It's a 00 with 62,000 miles + NCT is out in a month. Asked the guy was the timing belt changed and all the usual questions. He hadn't a clue. Car looks mint. Engine looked fine etc. But I'm just worried about 62,000 Miles on a "boy-racer" car that's 10 years old.

I'm thinkin the clocks were rolled back, but I'm by no means a genius with cars.

Any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Not every colt or civic is a boy-racer car you know, it's probably genuine, how many owners have been on it? Wear on the gearknob, pedals and steering wheel?

Look for proof that it's a boy racer, proof it's been ragged and tagged back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Osu wrote: »
    I was looking at a colt in a dealership in Sligo the other day.

It's a 00 with 62,000 miles + NCT is out in a month. Asked the guy was the timing belt changed and all the usual questions. He hadn't a clue. Car looks mint. Engine looked fine etc. But I'm just worried about 62,000 Miles on a "boy-racer" car that's 10 years old.

I'm thinkin the clocks were rolled back, but I'm by no means a genius with cars.

Any help

Lot of colts also driven by the elderly. esp Irish models (not so much hot Jap imports). What garage is it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's 6000 miles a year. That doesn't seem overly low for a hatchback to me.

Is there any documentation with the car - Previous NCT certs / any garages in the service history you can ring to see if they have a record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Definitely boy racer. DVD Stereo, Alloys, Amp etc.

@Eoin

No, he hasn't the NCT Certs or anything. Think I'm going to pass on this one guys. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

I'd let that one slide theres plenty of clean examples floating about with service history. I'd sell ya mine cheap but its getting scrapped lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can get 02 colts in the UK with small miles for handy money, Irish spec is very poor.

Advertisement