Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

53 Degrees north 53% off sale

Options
  • 25-02-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

Was up in carrickmines this afternoon and saw that 53 Degrees north had a 53% off sale, went in a bit sceptical, but came out with a pair of Technica ski boots and insoles for €113 :D

Verry happy with the time and effort the sales guy spent with me, there's not a huge selection of sizes / models left but probably well worth a visit.

There were offers on clothing etc, but I ran out of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

yeah ive no gear and going away tomorrow, going over to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Skibum let us know how you go with the boots I have yet to see a client buy a pair in that shop and for them to fit right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭skibum

No worries, going to try them out in kilternan next month. Was in two minds whether to buy or not, but for €113 it's worth a punt.

Are you an instructor?

Instructor, ski tech, Boot fitter general dogs body and usless mind fo ski information.

Yeah good value for the boots if I was you I would take them into Snow and Rock or Great Outdoors and get footbeds fitted for them.

Sadly you have started down a road that knows no end buying your own ski gear :D

Current Personal collection, 5 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of boots and enough clothes to fit out a full alpine race team:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

Fattes, is it important to try on boots before you buy them! :) I know one expert who just bought his last pair online without trying them on, risky but true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

I went to 53 Deg and Snow/Rock march last year

53 deg were clueless on boots

SR (ask for Declan) knew their stuff. The fitting prococess took well over an hour. They will pricematch other stores.

They usually have a sale mid /late march

Best to google ski boot fit, but should be a snug/ almost tight fit
    Within a few days the liners will stretch.

If you have a narrow foot, pick a boot with a narrow last

k123456: Every thing any one will ever need to know about boot fitting

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055748273

The last of the boot will depend not just on your feet but the type of skier and the way you ski.

Any of the guys in Snow and Rock are good bootfitter. Ian and Dan are top notch but all of the guys really know their stuff

sarsfield06 Now you know I would not give out advice about buying boots online :D

Was in 53 today no Sale on Skins :mad:

Watched a poor girl getting the worst boot fit I have ever seen:eek: Got some nice hoodies and there is some good deals on pants and jackets

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I got a decent Nike jacket in their sale this time last year, think I'll have to pop back in again and see if anything else takes my fancy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

How would one go about getting out to Carrickmines from town? Or Rathgar village for that matter..?

I'm heading to Livigno on the 6th and I could do with picking up a pair pants and a few small things..

• Advertisement

Its the Leapordstown exit off the M50, Not sure about buses but the 44 will go close enough and it is not to far from Foxrock village

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Is this still on?

Is it 53% off everything?

(sort of unlikely I suppose :) )

Looking for 45-60 litre alpine rucsac.

ps. Sale ended yesterday.

pps. they are absolutely useless over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

Was in the blanch shop yesterday.. Nothing left expect ski masks.. It looks like they had taken everything down and were putting up wet suits..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Fattes wrote: »
    started down a road that knows no end buying your own ski gear :D

Current Personal collection, 5 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of boots and enough clothes to fit out a full alpine race team:eek:

Ain't that the truth!!!

Got some stuff there but it was 53% off the list price, not the RRP price. Still got soem good gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

T-rev wrote: »
    Got some stuff there but it was 53% off the list price, not the RRP price. Still got soem good gear.

Which store was that in?

blanchardstown. the price of the trousers on the tag was €75 and the sale price was €47, noticed after i had bought them, still good deal tho. got some good scott goggles too.

Advertisement