Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCB protection [split thread]

Options
  • 25-02-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I have just got my quote for insurance from allianz and similar to above I had a claim during the year. My claim came to 2.5k. On my renewal docs it says my No Claims Bonus is 5 years(Max NCB) but also the that the policy is 0 years in force without a claim. My quote is €546 which is nearly €200 more than last year. Is a rise of €200 excessive?? I have been doing some shopping around and on some websites it asked about having made any claims in the last few years, as my claim was done without affecting my NCB do I have to say I made a claim??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've moved your post to a new thread, as the old one was quite old.

I am pretty sure that NCB protection doesn't mean that you actually have a clean transferable NCB - it just means that your current insurer will treat you as if there wasn't a claim. You would still have to disclose to another insurer that you claimed on your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,934 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

eoin wrote: »
    I've moved your post to a new thread, as the old one was quite old.

I am pretty sure that NCB protection doesn't mean that you actually have a clean transferable NCB - it just means that your current insurer will treat you as if there wasn't a claim. You would still have to disclose to another insurer that you claimed on your policy.

Yeah protected NCB is an insurance policy on your insurance. If you have a claim you are stuck with your current insurer for 3 / 5 years depending on what the other companies are asking.

OP, Insurance has gone up a lot recently but €200 does seem a bit much when your supposed to still have your full NCB. Have you changed to a higher risk car?

Advertisement