Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf /Jetta TDI Question

Options
  • 25-02-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

VW Jetta 2007 2.0 TDI - I have one one these. It does 2 things that I'm unsure of:

1. When idling (at around 800-900 rpm) it idles gently, but every 3 seconds or so there's a slight judder from the engine. Is that normal?

2. When driving on a slightly bumpy road or over a ramp, there's a kind of crunching noise from the front suspension. It doesn't affect driving at all - it just sounds like the front suspension is suffering from the bumps. Is that normal?

Maybe any Golf or Jetta owners out there know about this? Thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Is the suspension noise a like a bit of a slight creak?

I'm guessing your car has sports suspension - all VAG cars on that platform seem to do it. Mine does, a friends Octavia does it too and I've heard Golf's doing the same thing. It's normal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Could be Worn Anti Roll Bar Bushes with the Crunching Noise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

What sort of mileage do you have? Not sure about the engine juddering.

Could be that some of the bushes in the suspension are worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

EPM wrote: »
    Is the suspension noise a like a bit of a slight creak?

I'm guessing your car has sports suspension - all VAG cars on that platform seem to do it. Mine does, a friends Octavia does it too and I've heard Golf's doing the same thing. It's normal

Yeah - a creaking noise is a better description of it than a crunching noise.
    It's not a sports suspension - it's the regular comfortline 2.0 TDI.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Judder and rough idle could be anything really, from a air
    leak to EGR valve, might be worth getting checked out.
    Creaking noises could be ball joint or bushings damaged.
    Park up and get the wheels off and have a look. Common
    enough fault really on Passats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement