Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

anyone here own a TVR Cerbera?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Hi I used to live in the UK and drove a friends Cerbera quite a bit over there.

Now, coz of the fact that the euro is high against sterling and you can pick up a good Cerbera for around the 10k sterling mark, I'm very tempted to buy one (and you can probably add mid-life crisis to those reasons too - I don't mind!)

Thing is I'm not sure what to expect in terms of insurance. Would the standard insurers (allianz, hibernian etc) be the ones to approach or are there better deals to be had on high performance cars from smaller outfits.

I'd love to hear from someone who owns a cerbera here in Ireland - and find out how they're getting on (in terms of general maintenance as well as insurance)

thanks. AB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

you'll get better answers and info on Octane.ie there are a few TVR owners over there,they are all closet VAG TDI fans though and a few drive louts fairy cars but they are a good bunch really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Funxy owns a TVR, but not sure if it's a Cerbera, can't remember. You should look for a very well minded one really, and have another £10k on standby for possible maintenance. You never know for sure with a TVR! :D (and it'd be a shame to have a car like that parked because you can't afford some part to get it running again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

No, she has a Sagaris. There's a Cerbera or 2 on Octane.ie as tossy said.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

thanks guys - I'll head over to octane.ie and see what the suss is.

(good advice on having that other 10k ready - but I think it might just be worth it - just for a couple of years before I get all dieselly and sensible again!!)

cheers
    AB

Advertisement