Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtrail advice\ opinion

Options
  • 25-02-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I know its not a 4x4 or diesel but.................

Wife likes the look of this, anyone know what they`re like to drive?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/...t?channel=CARS

Seems like low mileage for year, its a 2L petrol but not too concerened about that as it wont be doing much mileage.
    Do you think i could get it for 5k cash or is that abit optimistic?

Out of curiosity any idea how much a set of tyres would cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I owned one for 2 years, a 2.2 dCi so I can't comment on the petrol as I didn't drive one. It was decent to drive, comfortable if a little noisy at motorway speeds. Despite what some people here who haven't actually driven one will say, they are pretty decent off road too (assuming you're looking at a 4x4 and not 2x4 - the link isn't working!). It was well able to handle snow and ice as well, and the brakes are good and have excellent feel. I did a few trips abroad in it, longest was to northern Germany and it was grand, only thing I would have liked was cruise control and an auto box. The boot is huge, and van-like when the seats are folded flat - she'll be dragging you to IKEA!

Only known issues that I ever heard about were with the turbo/intercooler on the diesel so the petrol should be very reliable. It will probably be difficult enough to move on whenever you're selling but if it's cheap to buy now then that's not a problem. Nissan dealers can be expensive for servicing but it's a fairly simple car so an indy mechanic can do any maintenance you need.

It was rated as the best in it's class at the time by most magazines, it came out on top in What Car? and Auto Express group tests versus LR Freelander, Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRVs and way ahead of the cheaper Hyundais and Kias. It also had pretty favourable reviews on www.parkers.co.uk and www.honestjohn.co.uk amongst others.

I paid about €120 per tyre for Nexxens and about €160 for Bridgestones (which were miles better and worth the extra) at a tyre shop here, you'd probably get them cheaper from camskill or eiretyres.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

Thanks Absurdum.Don`t mention Ikea, should have shares in that place.

The one on the link is sold,it only went up on carzone on Wednesday!
    It was a `02 2L pertol ,50k, full service history, one owner. Asking 5,950.
    Seemed like a good price to me.

Petrol 2x4 would do me as it`ll only be doing about 50 miles per week and won`t be doing of roading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

That might of been the x-trail I bought. But the owner was asking for 6500 for his.

He sold it after having it on sole for about a week.

The one I bought was 2ltr Automatic, tinted windows, heated leather seats, long sunroof, climatronic, electric folding mirrors etc

I really like it. The only thing I really dislike about it is the fuel economy (28mpg) and engine power.

I used to have a 48mpg TDi which was remappped and had plenty of poke. Since all of my driving is motorway I'm actually regretting buying this new car now :(

I'll probably be selling it on in a while.

But they are lovely to drive. I think it handles just as good as my old Passat and there is a substantial clearance under your feet. The braking distance is good and body roll is kept at a minimal. The automatic box is just luxury :D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

Blackwizard-- Keep me in mind when your selling!

Advertisement