Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best method for game recording

Options
  • 25-02-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys looking for some info here ( i know the guy who does the pvp videos can probably help)

I need to record some footage of me on dummies.

I want to have the video reviewed by some friends ( and here) as im not doing the dps i should gearwise and im out of ideas.

So i want a high quality recording/stream that can be clearly viewed, saved, then uploaded for viewing.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Most people use Fraps (http://www.fraps.com/). I'm sure the others will be more specific though, as i've only dabbled in movie making before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I was trying to record some stuff here and I couldn't get fraps to work properly, so I downloaded CamStudio (free) and used that instead. It also coverts to SWF if you want.
    You'll probably want to bump up the gamma/brightness for recording, hide the UI you don't need and make the fonts as large as possible for the bits you do want (DPS figs). Most vids I see are far to dark, and the stats aren't readable.

I know RopeDrink uses fraps, hopefully he can shed more light on this later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I assume then you're not using a Mac, the built-in recording abilities provided by Blizzard on the Mac client are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

When playing Dark Age of Camelot, I used GameCam was a very good prog, recorded great quality and didnt lag my machine up.

By the looks of it, its still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Fraps is good, at first it slowed my pc down something serious, getting 10fps and ****, but if you record it onto a seperate harddrive (I used a wee portable one) its as smooth as anything.

I was testing it out last week below, quality isnt great, but thats because of rendering(The orginal fraps files are HUGE, like 3gig for 2 mins or something).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJKziTbhRmI&feature=player_embedded

• Advertisement
Advertisement