Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone not going to the Trinity Ball?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Decided not to get a ticket this year; too expensive, crap music, queue was too long for tickets, phone line was jammers etc... etc... etc...
    So is anyone else not bothering with the ball and what alternatives are ye going with?
    Personally, I\'ve decided to go on a weekend piss up in Donegal with my friends from the undergrad, cheaper and much better craic, good old road trip VW Golf style!:D
    So anyone else doing any counter-ball stuff or are ye just gona end up watching the late late?;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'ma gonna take a rest. Been too long since I did just plain old nothing.
    It's free too! And I don't need to wait out in the wet to be able to do it! AND I don't need to wear a damned tux!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Completely not arsed. I haven't heard anyone talk about it with any enthusiasm either. All my friends seem to be going on the "Ah sure, it's first year, I suppose I'd better go" mentality. €80 well spent there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Not going either.
    I want to see a bit of the world this year.
    Just back from amsterdam, flying to barcelona in a few hours and Im hoping to go to berlin when the OH is finished her teaching practise.
    Need to save all the pennies I can.

Id rather buy a 50 bag and go see a band in whelans anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I decided last year that the line-up didn't merit €80, so it'd be impossible to merit it this year, even though I will be in Dublin at the time... Also, I know very few people going...

Hopefully good acts next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I realised that I'd be happier with 80 euro. I'd definitely have a good time but it wasn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Mos Def in London :D:D:D

Free accommodation, steak and beer, cheap tickets and flights. Why not!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'm not going either. I went the year before last,
    and while it was good fun, it wasn't e80 good fun.
    devinejay wrote: »
    Mos Def in London :D:D:D

Free accommodation, steak and beer, cheap tickets and flights. Why not!!!
    And you can discuss who has the best headphones ALL day long. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Oh man, wouldn't you just hate to get stuck on the plane beside us! :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Broke. Also, I don't know any of the bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I'm in 3rd year and have never gone. Will probably go next year just for the experience. I actually inteded to go this year but when i saw the lineup i decided to take the risk and wait till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I'm in 3rd year and have never gone. Will probably go next year just for the experience. I actually inteded to go this year but when i saw the lineup i decided to take the risk and wait till next year.

Same! Had every intention to go this year and I know it's not all about the music but I'd like to be looking forward to at least one act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

That was for you - AND BROOKLYN TOO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 helena1234

if any1 decides not 2 go who has already bought a ticket, i'm looking for 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Bands too shite, wasnt arsed. 80 bills for that rip? Every one of my mates as well as the other half's mates all arent either, so i really do wonder who is buying them :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I'm going, but as an emergency first responder with the St John Ambulance crew. I went to the ball properly last year and it was a truly epic night, but this year could potentially be just as entertaining ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Have worked at the last two Trinity Balls. Finally decided to do it properly. Kwekubo, I'll see you there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Kwekubo wrote: »
    I'm going, but as an emergency first responder with the St John Ambulance crew. I went to the ball properly last year and it was a truly epic night, but this year could potentially be just as entertaining ;)

What div. are you in? I'll probably be going myself in the same capacity, well as a CFR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

helena1234 wrote: »
    if any1 decides not 2 go who has already bought a ticket, i'm looking for 1!

I'll sell you one for your left shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Bands are rubbish so me and my class are saving our money for a weekend in Galway for my birthday couple of weeks after and a couple of weeks after that were having a weekend in Belfast, oh and im going to be in Bath April 13-16th anyway so id probably be broke and hungover if i was going anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 helena1234

phlegms wrote: »
    I'll sell you one for your left shoe.
    sure why not, thats a bargain!.....i'm assuming you're not actually selling 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Ya I'm not goin either...$80 is too much and I dont have the mon anyway...savin it for oxy ticket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Ooh, very nice! Im doing my EFR course this April. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Jammyc wrote: »

K I presume EFR is some kind of medical life saving course (I can't think of the right word ha!!!)

Could you tell me what it is and how you do it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Ya I'm not goin either...$80 is too much and I dont have the mon anyway...savin it for oxy ticket :D

Bah, cant even go to Oxygen :(

*mumbles*stupid*mumbles*2week*mumbles*fieldtrip*mumbles*africa*Mumbles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 quincebolis

I'm not going :)

too broke; went last year; **** line up blah blah

don't have any alternatives yet.... but now that you mention it an anti-trinity ball party might be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

K I presume EFR is some kind of medical life saving course (I can't think of the right word ha!!!)

EFR: emergency first response. It's the new (since 2008) national standard for advanced first aid, one level below EMT. You can do the course with various organisations around the place, I got my training free as a member of St John Ambulance but all the voluntary aid organisations and a lot of private organisations provide courses.
    Jammyc wrote: »
    Practice practice practice! Course is good but you lose the skills very quickly if you're not going over the material regularly. And try and stick to the official order for primary assessment (ABCDE), it's very easy to get sidetracked.
    What div. are you in? I'll probably be going myself in the same capacity, well as a CFR.
    COD on Leeson Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

COD on Leeson Street.

Very good, I'm in Crumlin myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Practice practice practice! Course is good but you lose the skills very quickly if you're not going over the material regularly. And try and stick to the official order for primary assessment (ABCDE), it's very easy to get sidetracked.
    Deadly. Thanks. Will have the practice. Im in OMAC meself.

As Kwekubo said, you can join a voluntary organisation like the Order of Malta or St. John of Gods and theyll train you up, or there are courses out there that are open to the public but you gotta pay for those. Same courses though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'm not going :)

too broke; went last year; **** line up blah blah

don't have any alternatives yet.... but now that you mention it an anti-trinity ball party might be fun

Think there is one, it's called the; Palace/Flannery's/Coppers...;)

Advertisement