Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed and tempeture Dials

Options
  • 25-02-2010 4:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a bit of advice on a hiace im doing up at the moment.
    I'm trying to change the dial layout of the dash and im just wondering if aftermarket speedometer and temp dials will work on any vehicle:confused: or are they just plain hassale:(, or is there somewhere where i can buy the the speedometer template for it and change it to a white face dial.....I just think there quiet bland and im trying to brighten it up some bit.....

Any help or advice on it would be appretiated....:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You should be able to hook up any speedometer to it, for temp and other guages you will have to make sure you can get the extras needed for the vechicle like sandwhich plates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Thanks very much for that..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what other modifications have you made/plan to do to the van?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

colm_mcm wrote: »
    what other modifications have you made/plan to do to the van?

You'll probaly gonna laugh at me like everyone has when i tolded them.

I'm turning it into the A-TEAM van true to the detail bare the fact its a hiace *much cheaper,practical than the gmc g series plus no one has ever done a proper attempt on a hiace before......it will be black grey and red with the stripe done properly;). 4 lights on roof and 4 on bullbar, painted alloys in black and red, custom made side bars with side exhaust effect on both sides (not real exhaust) side marker light on back front and side, rear spoiler from a car modified to fit van, redoing the interior in same colour theme as outside and bulkhead done in same way, marblizing the dash purple, racing steering wheel, external sunvisor, ply line the cargo part as well as put in sound insulation all round, speakers and sub...nothing fancy in that regard as the cab will be fairly sealed and loud speakers and sub would be pointless in my preference and to top it off im wanna put rev counter oil and volt gauges to it but im still learning about it still as im not a fan of electrics.......thinks thats it.....and no im not not messing.....ive being planning this for 2 years...one year alone buying the parts as you can imagine the hiace is not the easist van to customise unless you make the parts yourself....although im still open to more ideas from anyone for any finishing touches or gadjets....and if anyone says anything about mr t then i got that covered. I got a 3 foot high teddy bear dress up as mr t and so far has an army jacket and pants, bandeler of bullets(fake) from his left hip to right shoulder and half a stone of brass chains and cut up letterbox brass doors....its not finished atm as i need to sew on his mohawk and make up his feather earings......i'll put the pic of the bear so far........its need an iron bar stuck up its bum to keep it up straight....im gonna have the bear in the passenger seat when im driving around, as security:D......

Advertisement