Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an Irish language club/group in limerick?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is an Irish language society in limerick city or a social group that meets to practise conversation as Gaeilge . I am hoping to improve the small bit of Irish that I have .

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is an Irish language society in limerick city or a social group that meets to practise conversation as Gaeilge . I am hoping to improve the small bit of Irish that I have .

It's not a group or a club, but Bobby Byrnes pub does Irish language/trad nights on Mondays (from about 9:30 on)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

https://cnag.ie/index.php?page=branch&action=limerick

Conragh na Gaelige, on Thoma Street, went in there once - they all speak Irish inside the building, its like entering another world! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭belinda502

Hi,
    I heard there was a group that meet in the Limerick market on Friday to speak Irish and that there is also one in the Curragower pub? Does anyone know anything about this. Would like to try and improve my Irish.

belinda502

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

belinda502 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I heard there was a group that meet in the Limerick market on Friday to speak Irish and that there is also one in the Curragower pub? Does anyone know anything about this. Would like to try and improve my Irish.

belinda502

I met some of the people involved in the Friday afternoon Ciorcal a few months ago. As far as I remember they meet in one of the cafés at the Milk Market between 12:00 and 14:00 on Fridays.

The group Gaeil Luimní meet once a month, usually in the Curragower but sometimes in Bobby's. Another very nice group of people.

A friend of mine is trying to set up a Cirocal Comhrá near the Ennis Road but he has to wait for the manager of the pub he had in mind to get back to him about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭belinda502

Thanks for replying with the info. Belinda

• Advertisement
Advertisement