Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyeliner Problem

Options
  • 24-02-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Ok so whenever I wear eyeliner it ends up smudged under my lashline or in a blob at the corner of my eye after a couple of hours. I usually use Rimmel's Kohl eyeliner but I have some Maybeline and Avon ones as well. Has anyone got any tips to stop this from happening? Some people don't seem to have this problem at all! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Reggaetrip

im not great with eyeliner but find inglot pencil eyeliner brilliant, doesnt smudge at all & little goes a long way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I'm assuming first that you're using it inside your eye and not to line your lids? If so, I can say that even a good eyeliner will start to slide after a while. The alternative might be to use dark eyeshadow just on your bottom lash line which can look very well or thinly apply eyeliner to just the top of your bottom lashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 queenbeeuty

hi OP

I use an eyelid primer called two-faced shadow insurance
    which you use before you put on any eye shadow or eyeliner
    and it helps the eyeliner and shadow stay put,it works
    great for me.

Even the morning after the night before,on a seldom occasion where I would be too tired (or drunk)to take make up off ,the eyeliner has managed to stay in place on my eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Patric.C

Benifit balck pencil onyx - it wont budge!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you're putting on the lid or under the lashes you could have slightly greasy skin, caused by foundation or moisturiser. Give your eye area a go-over with powder before appying. You could also try Urban Decay's Primer Potion around the area; it's a primer for the eye area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Thanks everyone! Will definitely be giving some of these a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

GOSH Extreme Art liquid eyeliner is semi-permanent and WILL last for the entire weekend unless you either take it off with remover (Vaseline works great) or rub your eyes with sandpaper.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

If its going on your waterline, there's a few things you can try:

- use a black eyeshadow to 'set' the liner.
    - on the lower waterline, only line as far as the outside of the tearduct (kinda where the eyeball meets the duct), don't line all the way in.
    - use a long-lasting or waterproof eyeliner - I use Prestige' Total Intensity liners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Benefit have a liquid called She-laq and you can apply it to eyes, lips and brows to stop your make-up from sliding off. I've used it on my eyeshadow and it works a treat - never tried it for eyeliner (yet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sybiathriall

another great eyeliner is the gel eyeliner from MAC. Its expensive but worth it for how long it lasts! stays there all day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have the same problem OP but I found that Essence does an amazing black eyeliner! You can get it in most supermarkets and it's bloody good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The essence eyeliner is great! I picked up a brown liquid eyeliner a while back because I wanted to see if I liked it before I went and bought a decent one, €2, and it stays on better than any I've tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mackmuffin

hi OP

I use an eyelid primer called two-faced shadow insurance
    which you use before you put on any eye shadow or eyeliner
    and it helps the eyeliner and shadow stay put,it works
    great for me.

Even the morning after the night before,on a seldom occasion where I would be too tired (or drunk)to take make up off ,the eyeliner has managed to stay in place on my eyes!

Primer can't be put on the bottom lid, only the top.

OP - it depends on what brand you use and how you apply it. Most people apply it to the waterline. This makes your eyes look smaller, and the natural moistness there will make it smudge and move around.

It's recommended that you use it just below the waterline, on the skin as opposed to the wet waterline, and I would recommend you stop using Rimmel Kohl pencils, they smudge like crazy. Barry M do decent ones if you're on a budget, but the best by far that I've found are Urban Decay pencil liners, for about 18 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eile

Pythia wrote: »
    If you're putting on the lid or under the lashes you could have slightly greasy skin, caused by foundation or moisturiser. Give your eye area a go-over with powder before appying. You could also try Urban Decay's Primer Potion around the area; it's a primer for the eye area.

I agree with this.
    Also, to be blunt, invest in better quality eyeliner. I used to use Rimmel Kohl and it does look just as good as any expensive eyeliner.....at first. I think quality usually comes out with regards staying power. Mac eyelliner is very good and it's not ridiculously expensive. It's about 6Euro more than the rimmel one and it'll probably last longer as you won't have to constantly touch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Urban Decay in Debenhams on Henry St. has the mini eyeliner set for €14(down from 28 I think) at the moment. (http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/urbandecay/superstash247miniset/) It has 9 different colours in it. The eyeliners really stay on too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kezimus

If you're using it on your waterline, have you tried the lighter trick? Light your eh, well, lighter lol, and quickly pass the tip of the pencil through the flame. Wait a second until the liner loses the liquid look (you'll know what I mean when you do it) and use it as normal, gives you a blacker finish and doesn't move! I've found it works best with the Rimmel liner...

Advertisement