Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netpoia router issue

Options
  • 24-02-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I have a friend who is having difficulty with delivering mail from MS Exchane since he had to reset his router. I have got him to put the router in the IP range of his network and that allowed clients to access the internet. He now has a difficulty delivering email from exchange (existing) He can retrieve email but cannot send. I had him set up a port forwarding rule on the router for SMPT port 25 to go to the excange server. Getting mail as i I said but has no success sending. No firewall in between router and exchange server. Eircom support Efall use. Any help please...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

Try using telnet to mail1.eircom.net from the Exchange box and see what answers. Might help to narrow down the cause of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

sorry need to add router type is (Eircom) Netopia 2247nwg.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

Niall F wrote: »
    Try using telnet to mail1.eircom.net from the Exchange box and see what answers. Might help to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Niall,

Thanks for assistance,

What are the resultss likely to yield. Sorry but I am not at the location of the router and cannot test until tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

To see if the problem lies with the Exchange box or the router.
    If you can telnet to mail1.eircom.net on port 25, the issue is local to the Exchange box. If it doesn't, at least you'll know the issue does lie with the router. If that does work, then telnet to 127.0.0.1 on port 25. The Exchange server should answer.

Advertisement