Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler ingnition control box broken

Options
  • 24-02-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Guys,

my old myson housewarmer backboiler went south. my service guy identified the inigiton control box to be at fault. Spare part was quoted to be 305€ + VAT.

boiler is 20+ years and I want to replace it in the summer, hence I'm searching for 2nd hand parts exchange item. I've found place in UK which would ship, but if anyone knows place in Ireland I'd prefer, cause it would be quicker..

If anyone knows anyone, I can provide parts number I need.

Thanks,
    WD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

No idea to be honest, back boiler and ignition control box seem a strange combination, have you some kind of 20 old back boiler or a 20 year old boiler?

All in all 20 years is pushing the boat, maybe now is a good time to upgrade heating, costs of keeping a 20 year old boiler running over a few months / years could be more than fitting a brand new boiler.

Over 300+ VAT just to buy control plus fitting costs is bordering on cost of new boiler, only one or two hundred more you could buy a new boiler.

Missed the change in summer bit, its only a few months to summer so might not even be worth seeking replacement here, I'd say its hard to find, Ireland is not great for holding onto boiler parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

yep its old I know. but instead of getting SEI grand / get quotes etc during the cold spell, I'd like a warm house asap... but not for the the price of new part...

my wife won't survive till the summer if I don't get the heating fixed over next few days.. anyway, getting PCB for control box shipped over from UK.

lets hope that it is actually the problem

Advertisement