Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Forward vs. V - who will survive?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 6:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Moreover, do either one or even both deserve a renewal?

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/23/flashforward-v-only-2-abc-shows-with-uncertain-fates/42757

I have been very disappointed with both shows, equally...from a pure Sci-Fi fanboy take i wanna see as much Sci-Fi on tv as possible, but both shows are a real let down.

If something else came along i'd chop them for sure, but really....do we want more cop/medical/lawyer shows on tv? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Moreover, do either one or even both deserve a renewal?

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/23/flashforward-v-only-2-abc-shows-with-uncertain-fates/42757

I have been very disappointed with both shows, equally...from a pure Sci-Fi fanboy take i wanna see as much Sci-Fi on tv as possible, but both shows are a real let down.

If something else came along i'd chop them for sure, but really....do we want more cop/medical/lawyer shows on tv? :rolleyes:

Flash forward is interesting and at leat original. V is a remake and so far, extremly slow and nothing I haven't seen before.

It's too early to tell if they'll survive or die though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well Flash Forward, despite a decent couple of opening episodes, decended into a confusing and poorly written mess in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

V

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I think Flashforward improved and managed to grab my interest back after its last episode there.

V is painfully slow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Why would a guy with a gun strapped to his hip jump off a building to commit suicide? Stopped looking at Flash Forward after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

TBF....that ep. and scene was excellent, it showed the future could be changed....but as many pointed out, how did they not think of that (the characters)...or just lock youself in a room?

But from an entertainment/arc perspective that scene was done very well....especially him reading out the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Both series are watchable but awful when you compare flash forward to Lost and V to remake of Battle Star Galactica. Everything seems rushed with no tension and unpredictibility. The male lead and the red suits are badly missing from V IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I enjoyed the first season of V and am looking forward to the second season which starts on the 30th of March in the States so hopefully we will not have to wait to much longer after that here for it airing.

http://abc.go.com/shows/v

I have never watched Flashfoward so I cannot comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Neither hopefully..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I like my SciFi so I'll keep watching, but if they were replaced with some new SciFi I wouldnt really miss them.

I had high hopes for FlashForward to be the new LOST :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

I really like flash forward, so hopefully that survives

As for V, meh!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Both are dreadful, imvho. Shíte like these shows does sci-fi no favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Both of them need to die and make room for something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah both bring back Terminator: TSCC (they brought back Scrubs).

IMO ABC are desperately looking for a replacement for LOST and they hoped that either V (bit too Sci Fi for Lost audience) or Flash Forward (more high concept like Lost) would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Elmo wrote: »
    IMO ABC are desperately looking for a replacement for LOST

Something tells me LOST is one of those "once in a lifetime" shows (I'd love to be proven wrong). I've resigned myself to not even comparing it to any other shows for that very reason.

Heck I'd like to see V and FF cancelled and replaced with something even of the calibre of SG-1. I think another good procedural Sci-Fi needs to be made.

Advertisement