Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

which one to buy locking nuts or locking bolts

Options
  • 24-02-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I was looking at the halford catelogue and saw locking nuts and locking bolts to protect alloy wheels, which one to buy? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

depends on the car afaik

could you go to halfords, and in the carpark loosen off a nut/bolt completely from the wheel and go up the parts counter and ask them for an equilivent set of lock nuts/bolts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Halfords wanted 17 euro for a car stereo connection from me last week. I ordered it on ebay for 6 euro.

So maybe check ebay for the item after you know what you want. :) Little things like that are probably easy to find there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

which does your car have??

Nut.
    wheelnut.jpg

Bolt
    M10whelbolt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭maskabun

Wossack wrote: »
    depends on the car afaik

could you go to halfords, and in the carpark loosen off a nut/bolt completely from the wheel and go up the parts counter and ask them for an equilivent set of lock nuts/bolts?
    Indeed I went today at Consort and the guy told the same to bring one bolt pulled from the wheel. I will go tomorrow again. But I was believing that we only have to buy nuts untill I saw the bolts in the catelogue, so I am confused, do we need to buy nuts and bolts both togather?

which does your car have??

Nut.
    wheelnut.jpg

Bolt
    M10whelbolt.jpg
    Hi neilthefunkeone,

My car has bolts the second image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

maskabun wrote: »
    Hi neilthefunkeone,

My car has bolts the second image.

jobs oxxo :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Locking bolts it is so..

Looking at their site and they are €50.. look around you will be able to get cheaper!!

Locking bolts it is so..

Looking at their site and they are €50.. look around you will be able to get cheaper!!
    As I said I went today to Consort, the guy told me €35 for a set of 4, I didn't notice there were nuts or bolts, most probably they were bolts, I also do not have idea what brand they were. Was going through some related discussino threds and came to know that better to buy McGard brand, so I will compare the price of the same at Consort.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There is more than one kind of Bolt as well some are conical seat and some are rounded where they sit into the wheel.
    You better check that as well. Using the wrong ones can lead to wheel fractures!
    http://www.eurosportacc.com/hr_wheel_bolts_studs.htm

Advertisement