Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to get make-up done in Dublin - recommendations?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I've never got my make-up done professionally before and have something coming up on Easter Saturday that finally warrants a bit of pampering :p

The only thing is that I don't even know where to start when it comes to finding a good place/good artist that will do it. Also, I don't have a clue what a reasonable fee is and to be honest, I'm on budget so would want to be paying the average rate that a good artist would charge.

The style I'm looking for will be fairly dramatic - rock'n'roll or even 40s or 50s burlesque style.

If anyone has any suggestions for a place, had an indication of prices and preferably a recommendation for someone who you reckon would be good at this style, I would be so SO grateful!! I'm a useless tomboy. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Hi folks,

The style I'm looking for will be fairly dramatic - rock'n'roll or even 40s or 50s burlesque style.

QUOTE]

I'd suggest the MAC counter

AS far as I know (about 90% sure - ring BT's) . . . . it costs 25 Euro (but this is redeemable against a purchase) I'd guess you'd have to ring in advance as I'd say Saturday appointments disappear very quickly.

I love having my makeup done, last year I got a Smashbox makeover at my local salon and loved it, had to restain myself from buying all the products - still spent 150 Euro - YIKES !

Let us know where you went and how you got on - I love makeup !

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

thanks a mill Cats Whiskers!

It's not for ages but I'll definitely let you know how I got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Hey, If your going to go with MAC ring now, even at this stage its prob to late to get an appointment but you may be lucky, the's a MAC counter in BT2 in blanch as well, might be a bit less busy, There's a few good counters in BT so if MAC id fully booked try a few of the others,

Enjoy

Just want to say many, many thanks to everyone for the advice! With any luck I'll be the belle of the ball after all this :p

As promised, I'd said I'd let ye know how I got on with this.

In the end, I went with The Make-Up Crew (www.makeupcrew.ie) and was really pleased with the results. Went for a very burlesque look and it worked out great. I'd recommend them to anyone :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement