Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images fading into view?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi!

Maybe somebody could help me (novice).

I have two images- the 'main image' and a blurred copy of the same image. How would I go about fading the 'main image into focus through the blurred one. I hope that makes sense! The only example I can think of is on Google when the menu bar text at the top comes into view.

Thanks,
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

There's probably a few ways to do it. I would think the easiest is to create an animated GIF with each layer having a different level of transparency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

The easiest way to do it would be to position the two images absolutely, one on top of the other and use JQuery to fade them in/out. Either that or just use the unblurred image and use a JQuery blur tween plug-in.

Advertisement