Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

negotiating rent

Options
  • 24-02-2010 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi

Im moving in a few weeks and although ive rented before i never considered negotiating the rent until someone mentioned it here, im not sure how much lower i should offer, we are interested in an apartment for 1275 how much lower should i ask ll would he be willing to accept??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Avaya79

make sure to investigate on daft.ie for how much similar properties are being rented in the same area... that's really what drives the rental market.

You can always ask at the end of visit how flexible is he on the rent, then you'll see from his reaction if there is room for you to make him a lower offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

I recently negotiated to get my rent lower and I was surprised at how willing the landlord was.I think these days they often have little choice but to take what they got.It was also a little easier for me as I was going through an agency and the agent explained to the landlord about lowering the rent to be more competitive.Though I think the landlord respected the advice of the agent more than me just asking for a reduction!.

Advertisement