Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Speed Limit Safety paradox

Options
  • 24-02-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

http://www.hwysafety.com/hwy_montana.htm

Maybe the RSA should have a read of this. Backs up what my opinion on this subject has been for years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

D'ya think it would work in the Emerald Isle, though? I imagine Montana has wide open spaces, lowish traffic volumes and pretty good roads. I'd love it myself, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

Interesting, but I think we would need a substantially better motorway network for it to work. Having said that, the Dublin Galway motorway could be one place.

Interesting none the less.
    This begs the question, do people change the way they drive when there is no speed limit? The evidence suggests the answer is yes.
    I wonder how my attitude on the road would differ though if I could go as quick as I felt comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

i suppose if you are not checking the speedometer as often for fear of getting penalty points you have more time for road observation

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kasper wrote: »
    i suppose if you are not checking the speedometer as often for fear of getting penalty points you have more time for road observation
    I tend to check the road more than the speedometer for fear of getting penalty points. I'm more comfortable at say 160km/h than at 120, but I can't really imagine that i'm any safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

try tell that to finna fail

• Advertisement
Advertisement