Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in Athlone ( walking distance of town centre)

Options
  • 24-02-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Ok heading to Athlone at the weekend meeting gang from college

We havent lived there since 07- So were wondering about restaurants..chinese especially, where to avoid etc ;)

with out having to travel to far...

Is Jia Jia still good??

All help greatly appreciated by us Hungry women :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

ya, jia jia is still good. kens is over marys discount shop and is good too but a bit more expensive than jia jia. row inn row is ok too but last time i was there the service was very slow.
    the thai restaurant kin khao across the bridge near dean crowe theatre is really nice. and there are loads of italian restaurants around the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eljerro

Great thanks for that

WOuld you think we would need to pre book?
    Would it be busy on a friday night in your opinion

The Thai restaurant is gorgeous. Better to be safe than sorry, when it comes to booking ahead. It will save you debate too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 QQ1Cup

+1 for Kin Khao, brill food. The chinese restaurants in athlone are pretty mediocre, if i had to make a choice I'd go with Ken's

Advertisement