Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clicking sound from exhaust after driving.

Options
  • 24-02-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if it's much of an issue but just wondering something. When I park my car after driving I hear a clicking/tingling sound from the exhaust(sort of echoing through a pipe) sound. Not sure if it's the sound of the metal expanding and contracting or actually droplets of moisture, anything to be concerned about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's just the sound of the metal contracting while cooling down, nothing to worry about. That said, do you drive hard in the couple of kms before parking up? Is the car turbocharged/supercharged? If so, it's a good idea to take it gently for the last few minutes of your journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anan1 wrote: »
    It's just the sound of the metal contracting while cooling down, nothing to worry about. That said, do you drive hard in the couple of kms before parking up? Is the car turbocharged/supercharged? If so, it's a good idea to take it gently for the last few minutes of your journey.

No I wouldn't drive it hard at all really. It's a 1.4 Focus, I'm abit OCD about it at this stage, checking for any issue etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ush1 wrote: »
    No I wouldn't drive it hard at all really. It's a 1.4 Focus, I'm abit OCD about it at this stage, checking for any issue etc..
    In that case not to worry, it's just the noise of the exhaust metal contracting as it cools.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

death watch beetle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

For some reason the exhaust really makes a racket in them as it cools. Used to really notice it in my old one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I love the tinkling from my exhaust sometimes. Its like a little farewell song at times! :D

Advertisement