Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about getting a Honda key cut

Options
  • 24-02-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 2003 Honda Accord and only one one key for it. It is the older shape so like a 2002 model.

The is a an older looking type key and I have a separate keyfob for locking and unlocking. Is this key still coded?

Could I just get one cut at a local locksmith? The main thing I want a spare for is to access the vehicle.

I tend to start the car in the morning to let it heat up and I don't want the car to automatically lock itself. It has happened before to me on another car. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

If you just need the key for opening the car door, try your
    local key cutter, some hardware shops have them.
    Think price wise about €15, the last time i got one cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Grand that is what I hoped for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Car will only auto lock if a door hasn't been opened within 30 seconds of unlocking.

Or if the button on your keyfob that locks the car door is a little dodgy.
    Or if it is a French car and decides for no reason to lock itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Saruman wrote: »
    Or if it is a French car and decides for no reason to lock itself.
    LOL!

Re the button on the keyfob. 2nd hand honda fobs on ebay for under £30. Can be programmed at home in about 20 seconds, no tools necessary.

Speaking of tools, I need to get that mash tun finished :)

• Advertisement

20 seconds you say? Good to know.

Anyway get your mash tun sorted asap. Think of all the beer you could be making :D

Advertisement