Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser Problems... Windows 7

Options
  • 24-02-2010 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭

I've been a long time convert to Firefox but recently its been beginning to annoy me, especially in relation to memory leaks. After a browsing session where multiple tabs have been opened and closed I often find it hogging well over a gig of ram. This is in turn affecting performance naturally, so I've decided to get rid of FF. What is the best browser out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

opera, chrome.

i used to be a FF fan, but im now at the point where i don't like installing anything extra on my pc unless completly necessary so i stick with ie8

might be worth while reading this fella if you want to stick with ff

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Memory_Leak

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Chrome seems to be moving towards the extensibility that has made FF my favourite browser for a long time, though it's not yet at a point where I'd replace FF.

That said, the Browser Choice update may offer you significantly more alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,914 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sadly Firefox goes through a cycle of good and bad performance. New Release versions (2, 3) are absolutely sexy, until the umpteenth security/performance patch, and it slows like a dog.

Advertisement