Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neteller or Moneybookers?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭bob the bob

Moneybookers customer service is rude and rubbish. a quick google search will tell you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I bet I can find people saying that about every company who offer support on the planet :)

I have a netteller account, and never had a problem - but not the credit card one you ask about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 panw

I like Neteller's card. Their Net+ cards have way higher POS limits and ATM limits than the MoneyBooker's card. Plus they offer both a chip and pin card and a virtual card.

http://public.neteller.com/content/global/cards_index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RicardoVerdi

I just received my pre-paid Neteller Mastercard so I'm now ready to buy Ryanair flights without fees. All went smoothly so far. On Thursday I transferred money on-line from Ulster bank & it arrived at my Neteller account Friday afternoon, without any charge. I've kept a visa electron account with entropay for aer lingus & some other airlines - mad isn't it? I have no experience with Moneybookers. But I see that Neteller give points, so that may be an incentive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 995thewolf

does anyone know if the neteller card works with aer lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Have no experience of neteller. But i've been using the moneybookers credit card for a while now and have no complaints. I upload money to the card using laser, it's instant and there's no charge so it's very conveniant for me. I've mainly used it to shop on Amazon and haven't encountered any hidden charges. So yeah, i'm very happy with it and it's well worth the €10 per annum.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Mastercards from Netteler,Moneybookers,Rubycard are PREPAID CARDS !!!
    How come people call them CREDIT CARDS,nonsense!!!
    There is no credit facility with those cards,you can spend what you have only.
    There are not even regular debit cards, cause there are linked with card account only,not like in the case of current account with debit card (you have much more options)

yes u may have more options but with the number of scams and fraud going on these days online, they can wipe out a visa debit card linked to a bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I have been using Moneybookers prepaid card since it was launched and never encountered any problems with it. Also customer service has been ok in those couple of cases when i have contacted them.
    And instant deposit with Laser / Visa debit is also a big plus, and you can avoid Ryanair card fees with this card also.

• Advertisement

Yes the good thing about neteller and moneybookers is that you can book the flights with ryanair. Netellers card looks better than the moneybookers card and can be used for car hire. I have used it in the uk on a trip at the weekend. Took the extra car insurance as they dont then pre authorize a huge additional amount to the card, as can happen and you would need at least an additional 300 to 400 on the cards balance to cover this, for hiring a small car. I used my netteller card for shopping as well. No point of sale charges were charged to my neteller account only showed the euro figure for my sterling transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    Mastercards from Netteler,Moneybookers,Rubycard are PREPAID CARDS !!!
    How come people call them CREDIT CARDS,nonsense!!!
    There is no credit facility with those cards,you can spend what you have only.
    There are not even regular debit cards, cause there are linked with card account only,not like in the case of current account with debit card (you have much more options)

Does it really matter what people call them???? Credit card, prepaid card?
    It's not really summit to loose sleep over!

I'm a big fan of Neteller, good customer services and so many free options. Love it!

Hi RachaelIVO,

Yes like you becoming a big fan of neteller. I think its great. Have you any exrta tips about neteller for me. Do you know if u can set up an online internet banking account, without having to set up a normal account first with a high street bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

995thewolf wrote: »
    Hi RachaelIVO,

Yes like you becoming a big fan of neteller. I think its great. Have you any exrta tips about neteller for me. Do you know if u can set up an online internet banking account, without having to set up a normal account first with a high street bank.

There used to be loads of internet banks that did that, but most of them have gone by the wayside. I'd check out rabo direct. Not a bad outfit, and one of the only dutch banks that didn't get a handout (they didn't need it as they made profits).

The only other Neteller tip i'd give ya is, is if you'r going away and want to withdraw cash, withdraw more than you need. It costs 4e, same as a cash withdrawal on your credit card, but they charge it whether you withdraw 20e or 200e. I'm glad there is someone else who likes it as much as I do. I love buying online and having no bills. Makes life sooooo much easier!

Hi thanks for that tip. becomming a big fan of neteller. Used it today again for a small purchase works fine.

Advertisement