Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new windows for me

Options
  • 24-02-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Right my trial windows 7 64bit is up next week. I have a version of windows xp pro at my disposal but just wondering should i get windows 7 pro or go with the xp pro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

I'm in the same boat, but had a copy of Vista to fall back on. It didn't take me long to find features/fixes that are in Win7 that I miss already and to become once again familiar with the mistakes that were made in Vista.

Since my windows machine is my media centre box the issues I had are mostly related to the Media Centre app. Unfortunately I once again have those issues back on Vista. Personally if I had €100 lying around I'd get Win7, but since I've just found a way to play blu-ray in Linux it could mean round 5 with me and a Linux based Media Centre box.

But to answer your question, run XP for a week and you'll know if you want to pay for the upgrade pretty soon. At least then you'll know you made the right choice and why you did it. If you weren't using or getting any advantage out of Win7 then you might find you can stick with XP and save a few bucks. Don't just pay for a new OS because it looks pretty.

Advertisement