Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where was John Locke for 3 years?

Options
  • 24-02-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I was thinking about this last night and I could be totally wrong but I was trying to sort out the timelines and it came to me that John Locke was either missing for 3 years or lost 3 years of his life. so here goes.

Oceanic flight 815 crashed on the island in 2004 and they were on the island for 100 days or so.

When Ben turned the wheel jack and kate etc were on the helicopter so when penny's boat rescued them it was still 2004 when they got home but the wheel was off its axis so the island was flashing through time.

Eventually Locke went down the well at the orchid to stop the flashes and to bring back jack and kate and the rest. He put the wheel back on its axis and was transported to the exit point in tunisia where he was picked up and brought to the hospital and there he met charles widmore.

Now at this point the flashes through time stop on the island and sawyer, juliet, mile etc are left in 1974 and spend 3 years in the 1970's until jack, kate, hurley and sayid come back in 1977.

Meanwhile when John is lying in the hospital talking to charles widmore and widmore figures out that john left the island to bring back kate, jack etc widmore says that they have been back 3 years already, meaning that its 2007, so what happened to those 3 years for john?

sawyer, juliet, miles and jin passed 3 years on the island from 1974 to 1977 and jack, kate, hurley, sayid, sun and ben passed 3 years from the time they left the island in 2004 to 2007 in the real world so as said above what happened to those 3 years for john?

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Time travel happened. There was no 3 years for Locke. When he turned the wheel he was transported from whatever time he was in (pre-1900 probably given the statue was still there) and arrived in Tunisia in 2007. The same thing happened with Ben. He turned the wheel in 2004, and arrived in the real world in October 2005.

We've seen this effect before. When Sayid, Des, etc travelled to the freighter in season 4 they lost a couple of days. When Keamy killed the doctor, his body washed up on the island several days early (before Keamy killed him).

The fact that 3 years passed for the O6 off-island and 3 years passed for Sawyer, Juliet, etc on-island was just a (convenient) coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

Im sure when Locke got back to the Island Richard (I think) asked him how long since he last spoke to him and he said 4 days or somewhere around that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Gitb1 wrote: »
    Im sure when Locke got back to the Island Richard (I think) asked him how long since he last spoke to him and he said 4 days or somewhere around that.
    I think that was Widmore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I have been following Lost intently since season one - nearly lost my way when the strike was on and the storylines were off the wall completely, the writers were lost then. Is has pulled back my attention recently , even though they are fast forwarding rewinding too much for my liking. The end is in sight. I think J.Locke will wake up one morning and it will only have been a dream. He will wheel himself onto the infamous flight, meet all his mates that he met in his dream, laugh out loud and life will go on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ShamoBuck wrote: »
    The end is in sight. I think J.Locke will wake up one morning and it will only have been a dream. He will wheel himself onto the infamous flight, meet all his mates that he met in his dream, laugh out loud and life will go on....

Not a hope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement