Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water not quick on shower pump

Options
  • 23-02-2010 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I recently got a pump shower installed into my bathroom, with a monsoon head and thermostatic mixer valves.
    The problem i am having is that the hot water(mainly in the mornings, sometimes in evenings) seems to take anywhere between 2 and 5 mins to run through to the shower,
    The cold starts instantly when the valve is opened and the pump turns on.

Any ideas why it takes so long for the hot water to come through, and are there any solutions??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Could be just down to hot water cylinder distance from shower, further away the longer it takes for stored hot water to come out shower head, it's either that or possible problem with hot water supply to pump, I'd go for first example than other.

If your experiencing same time even more time for hot water to come out of basin tap then thats your problem, distance. If hot water is coming out of basin tap fairly quick then you could have a problem with hot supply to shower pump.

Solution depends on problem, if its hot supply then a bit more info / pictures of pump and supplies might help, if its distance the only solution is to move cylinder closer to shower or install a hot water secondary return which means stored hot water circulates around hot water plumbing system meaning no deal legs of drawn cold water before hot. A secondary return is mostly associated with industrial type plumbing or large houses where hot water is stored fairly far away in garage or dedicated plant room separate from house.

Advertisement