Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanderly Wagon

Options
  • 23-02-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

as Eugene Lambert passed away yesterday, i was wondering if anyone here was a fan of Wanderly Wagon. I can vaguely remember it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Yep,a massive part of anyone who was a kid in the 70's/80's childhood. I loved it back in the day,have it on DVD too.:)

Sad news today.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

RIP Eugene Lambert. I'm showing my age but I loved Wanderly Wagon when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Didn't he play O'Brien? I loved it too:o. I even remember the Green Cross Code posters in school staring Judge...remember them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

RIP Mr. Lambert :(

I loved the Lambert Puppet Theatre when I was a young 'un. Is it still open for school tours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

RIP, knew his sons from getting the train to school.

(Judge and Mr Crow also passed away with him, as no one will be able to match his voice.)

Was a great fan of Wanderley Wagon until the early 70ies, watched it every day after school. Then my parents brought me into see the Dog Show in the RDS where the wagon was present, I walked over to it and saw the thing empty inside. My parents tried to explain to me that they didnt actually live in it and that it was all made up somewhere else. I never watched it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

go on youtube theres some stuff on there about it,:( rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

r.t.e should rerun the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

AFAIK they don't have most of the series. Tape was expensive back then, programmes like this were not deemed important enough for archival, and this was before the concept of repeating programmes ad nauseam like they did with Bosco (in comparison I believe they have all or at least the majority of episodes of this).

And this isn't just an RTÉ thing - loads of British TV programmes from the 60s and 70s have been lost too but many have been recovered thanks to international distribution, private collections, etc.

Advertisement