Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Abrams left and how "Darlton" was born

Options
  • 23-02-2010 10:26pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The question of when Abrams left the show comes up from time to time, so I thought it was worth posting the following. It's a good video in which Damon and Carlton briefly discuss how they came to work together. For a long time there was the impression that Abrams was still pulling the strings up until the end of season 1 or later. Damon confirms below what was always kept kinda quiet, that Abrams left much sooner - around 1x04.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I never really paid attention to the writers until around season 2 or 3, so I only became aware of them much later. I think it's great how much attention they receive for being writers as often it's the actors that take credit for a show's success.

Has Abrams commented at all on the final season?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Has Abrams commented at all on the final season?
    Pretty good interview with him here in which he talks quite a bit about it (among other things). This was from before the premiere but he's obviously kept in the loop and is very positive about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

That was always my assumption. I always felt Abrams involvement was fairly overblown by the fans. Now, that's not to say it's insignificant, he came up with a lot the ideas with Damon; he also obviously directed the pilot, but once the pilot was done I've always regarded the show as Damons show.

This wasn't addressed in the interview, but I don't think it's a co-incidence that a lot of the important mythology was first introduced in Solitary which is pretty soon after Carlton came on board. I'd say they would have done a kind of mini-camp where they started thinking long-term where the show was going and solidified everything during the break between seasons 1+2.

Advertisement