Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal imaging average cost?

Options
  • 23-02-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi all. Getting a guy round this week to give me a quote for a thermal image test on my home in Donegal. Its a 3 bed bungalow (approx 1100sq ft).
    How much should I expect to pay?
    Thankyou.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

It depends on what other equipment he will be using (f.i. blower door, borescope, trace smoke equipment, damp meter etc), what you are trying to solve (insulation effectiveness, draughts, damp/mould etc) and whether you require a written report on findings/recommendations or not. Also quality of thermal imaging camera is v. important in being able to detect issues and these very greatly in cost and therefore price to you. Finally, the training & experience of the operator is of paramount importance to the final outcome. So in a nutshell, you tend to get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

Hi, we need to get it done to see why the house is so cold. we are losing heat somewhere and need to find out where. im meeting the assessor this week to discuss, so he will prob go through costs then about the diff things.

I was just trying to get a ball park figure of what sort of quote i should expect...
    i think the two main things i want checked are to see if the windows are sealed properly and to see if it is properly insulated around them, and then to check the insulation in the walls. there are beads in there but there may be gaps or something so i would like that checked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Abbey,
    you should expect to pay between 400 and 800 depending on need for report, equipment used etc (as explained in previous post).
    Mick

Advertisement