Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panning Image Nightmare With Flash

Options
  • 23-02-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

i see an effect used on so many websites and thought it would be relatively easy to implement on my own site.

I've read so many tuturials on the internet and tried every single one but still i just cant master the effect.

It's basically an effect of a camera panning over an image, think its known as the Ken Burnes effect.

Example:
    http://www.xposed.ie/acc/hotel/index.html

This is a bad example as the quality of the pictures is not great but you get the idea!

Anyone who could help and shed some light on this effect would be great. Kinda in a rush to get this prob sorted asap.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Seems sort of simple, unless I'm missing the point, but couldn't you just set two keyframes and move your image, say, 100 px to the left between these two keyframes?

Obviously your image would need to be at least 100px wider than the stage.

The zooming effect would be almost the same, except you'd scale the image up between keyframes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

What script are you using and is the exact problem?

Is this site any good? Just fill in the details and it creates the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

ok i managaed to work out Flash after spending all day trying to figure it out.
    But now when i put the panning image on the website as an SWF object, whenever i try to load the page of the website on firefox it just comes up sayin i need to update my version of flash player.

when i click the link and update and install the newer version the same thing happens again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I've seen that before. Think its usually because of a typo or path error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    I've seen that before. Think its usually because of a typo or path error.

ill upload a sample of the page later so its live and send you the link to it by pm and maybe you could have a look and see whats going on. its prob some really small stupid msitake.

thanks for all the help so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement