Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

american style fridge freezers

Options
  • 23-02-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

will be buying one in the next month or two.
    spotted a nice samsung one in harvey norman for 699, would you get any cheaper than this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

I've seen nice ones in Soundstore out in EastPark Business Centre. Granted it was last year - things may have changed - but worth a look for price comparison with HN's

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Curry's have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭fl&sh

bazz26 wrote: »
    Curry's have them too.

probably the cheapest around but not worth the hassle trust me.bought one off them a few years ago and when it broke down they broke my heart in replacing it with like for like until they were persuaded to refund me from head office in the uk.lol

they were quick enough to take my money for the extra warranty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

thanks guys, couldnt think of where else to look the other day. my mind went blank, will shop around and compare prices!!

also, anyone any advice on where to buy good beds?

Crown furniture in charliville are good and they'll deliver free not like some of the big chains,they charge for dropping it off for you

• Advertisement

Have to agree - Crown's in Charleville are good to deal with. Word of advice tho - stay miles away from the furniture shop on the dock road directly opposite the car dealers. (I'm not mentioning names).The one further out - two storey building - has lovely furniture as does Carey's at Raheen roundabout - but they can be quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

have heard that bout the one on the dock road, supposed to be nightmare to deal with. had a look in there the other day and didnt find them great anyway. which is the one further up? is it near the turn off to go up the back road to fr russell road?

there is a furniture wholesale warehouse place in behind fleming medical and livingstone kind of aswell? their stuff was well cheap. anyone any experience buying from them?

what about shannon furniture on upper william st?

yes - you have to go up the back road 40 mts or so and drive in around the back - lovely furniture in there.

Can say anything bout the ones behind fleming medical - haven't been in there. As for Shannon Furniture - not a great selection but the prices are ok

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

finucanes for the fridge freezer as well, we got ours there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

James Clery Furniture & Flooring on Clare st has some good deals too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

Hi

Am also looking for a silver american fridge freezer as need more storage space. Any recommendations?

i've had two samsungs and both have given trouble.first had to be returned after less than a year and the second needed a call out from a service engineer(at no cost to me i might add) so i wouldn't be buying one of these again in a hurry.

maybe i was just unlucky:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

sean henessey in smiths town shannon were excellent to deal with when i got my new kitchen , i got all my appliances there and they gave me a great deal.

i bought a samsung american fridge from them a silver one it has never given an ounce of trouble and i have it 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I think these fridge are revolting, brother has one in an ex council house in East Wall and it takes up half the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Was looking at an lg or Samsung which is best

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was looking at an lg or Samsung which is best

Fisher and paykel are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Mc Love wrote: »
    Fisher and paykel are the best

Never heard of them before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

F&P are ok until something goes wrong and from selling them in the past they do quite often. Any American style get a minimum of 5 years warranty some sanctions samsung's have this as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Stay away from Samsung, they know technology, just not fridges

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johncarter

our samsung model RSH1NHMH developed a problem after a year.
    the cooling unit is in the bottom 1/3 of the fridge.
    this requires a fan to get the cold air up to the top.
    ice can build up around the fan and cause a grinding buzzing sound as the blades hit the ice.
    seemingly this is a design flaw

i'd advise researching any potential buy on the web

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 reality19

I think these fridge are revolting, brother has one in an ex council house in East Wall and it takes up half the kitchen.
    Expensive to run & expensive to replace filters (2)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

+1 for Sean Hennessy's - bought a number of household electrics from them over the past few years and found them very good to deal with, including sorting a problem on a TV. Will also do their best to accommodate you on price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

fl&sh wrote: »
    i've had two samsungs and both have given trouble.first had to be returned after less than a year and the second needed a call out from a service engineer(at no cost to me i might add) so i wouldn't be buying one of these again in a hurry.

maybe i was just unlucky:rolleyes:
    Had a Samsung from Currys,think it was about 500 about 5 years ago.went kaput after about 3 years think it was out of gas,they say they are no good after being re gassed.
    The freezer side of it dosent hold much more than an ordinary fridge because of the ice box and in relation to the size of the big lump in the kitchen.

Miss the ice box and the running cold filtered water though.

Advertisement