Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork home brew supplies?

• 23-02-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have just relocated to Cork city and am looking for a shop where I can source home brew supplies. My usual guy is now a 1 1/2 hours drive away. So if anyone can direct me all replies will be gratefully recieved.

I'm at a pretty basic level compared to some of the more dedicated brewers here but as with most here I'm pretty happy with my progress so far. At the moment though I am still learning an building up my equpment (In fact if anyone has a keg (50ltr with tap) they want to sell I'm in the market for one).

Thanks a mill

TBW
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Apparently, Daybreak on North Main Street have some basic gear in. But most Irish homebrewers buy everything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

the bloke that runs a new site called ubrew.ie is located in cork. Contact him and ask him to arrange a collection instead of paying the shipping. That will work out better than anything else as their prices are good enough. Range is aimed towards new brewers also ie mainly kits etc...or as was said the daybreak have the basics if you could source a big bucket else where...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tombones

Anyone know where the nearest supplier to Bishopstown is????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Moved to the Home Brewing forum

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

I'd like to know where I could pick up a few extra pieces like a small experimental fermenter, extract and maybe a brew belt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭hardwood

I know this thread started ages ago but for people looking in future the health food shop upstairs in Paul Street shopping centre has some supplies. Obviously more expensive than online but well handy when you can't wait for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Has anyone gone here recently are they still stocking homebrew equipment

And do they do cider yeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭hardwood

Haven't been there in a while. You can give them a ring (021) 425 1714. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Natural-Choice/136738996471453
    Haven't made cider but used Lavlin champagne yeast (from Natural Choice) in a few foraged-fruit brews and it was well good. Think it's EC-1118 http://www.lalvinyeast.com/strains.asp

hardwood wrote: »
    Haven't been there in a while. You can give them a ring (021) 425 1714. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Natural-Choice/136738996471453
    Haven't made cider but used Lavlin champagne yeast (from Natural Choice) in a few foraged-fruit brews and it was well good. Think it's EC-1118 http://www.lalvinyeast.com/strains.asp

Thanks just checked their facebook they have pictures up from May of a decent selection of homebrew equipment and supplies I will have to check them out. I dont want to be paying delivery for €2 worth of cider yeast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Also Brennan's Cookshop has started selling homebrew products, haven't seen the range personally, but its up on their facebook.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    I dont want to be paying delivery for €2 worth of cider yeast.
    You can always ask a homebrew shop to post it to you instead of paying full delivery.

Advertisement