Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Credit Card

Options
  • 23-02-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all

i hope this hasn't been flogged to death here, but what in your opinions would be the best value credit card at the moment?

Thanks

Mcnewberson

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Any really if you will clear the balance each month.

Aib click is 8.5%

Info: http://www.aib.ie/personal/credit-cards/Click-Credit-Card-Service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ekwi

Yeh the AIB Click is the lowest, I was advised to go on it when I phoned up about my 'Be' Card which is at a whopping 18% rate. Unfortunatley I don't seem to be eligible for the 'Click' as I am unemployed. I am paying back 5% of Be card balance monthly at present. Is it possible to still have a credit card when you are unemployed??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

If you clear the balance each month, go with a Tesco Credit card and get club card points with each purchase. It is the best reward card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Fungus wrote: »
    If you clear the balance each month, go with a Tesco Credit card and get club card points with each purchase. It is the best reward card.

Pity they cant get an online transactions setup, the would get a lot more customers imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Hi

Would going for an AIB card be crazy after all the news about them 2 weeks ago. Are they likely to increase their rates fairly high after publishing such losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

BrianJD wrote: »
    Hi

Would going for an AIB card be crazy after all the news about them 2 weeks ago. Are they likely to increase their rates fairly high after publishing such losses.

BOI are raising there rates in June also. Pity as their clear card has great rate also. Even with the increase it is a competitive rate still so will be sticking with the clear card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keary79

the click is changing to 9.5%
    if u already have an aib credit card you should look into changing over.
    some customers even when they are unemployed as long they keep the old card ok can balance transfer to the click

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I'm looking to clear my card in a couple of weeks and with all the best intentions of keeping it cleared too. BoI standard advantage. Unemployed, would it be easier for me to switch to click first or wait til I clear it?

Advertisement