Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Mount St Vincent O'Connell Ave

Options
  • 23-02-2010 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anybody ever tried parking in this place? Its a convent (I think) but I notice a lot of cars parked in here. It would be a very convenient location to walk into the city from and I did it one morning I was late for work instead of sitting in traffic. Didnt get any warning etc. Does anyone know what the story with this place is? I would love to start parking there regularly but dont want to step on people's toes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Given that it is private property I would imagine parking there is a no no.

There is always a number of cars in there, but keep in mind that most of those will belong to the people living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You could probably park there are there is nothing they can do to you because there is no sign warning of clamping or removal but then again it's private property and technically you would be trespassing.

I wouldn't bother parking there again without their express permission. It's also a day care centre so there is normally a fair bit of movement of traffic in the mornings so they probably didn't notice but after a few days of you parking they would likely notice and be waiting for you when you come back.

Berty wrote: »
    You could probably park there are there is nothing they can do to you because there is no sign warning of clamping or removal but then again it's private property and technically you would be trespassing.

I wouldn't bother parking there again without their express permission. It's also a day care centre so there is normally a fair bit of movement of traffic in the mornings so they probably didn't notice but after a few days of you parking they would likely notice and be waiting for you when you come back.

Actually I think there is a sign inside the yard saying that parking is restricted to residents and patients in the day centre. I walk that way most evenings so may have a peek later.

To be honest though, why should those living there and those who need to use the day centre lose their parking spaces on private property to people who have nothing to do with the place?

No offence to the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

No offence taken as this is precisely the reason I posted the thread, to determine who I would be aggravating by parking there.

What exactly goes on in there? Its a day care centre for children is it? Or are there other activities operating there? I wonder can members of the public come to arrangements with private property owners in relation to parking on the property..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sudename

The property is home to the Mount Mercy Day centre for the elderly as well as housing the Sisters of Mercy convent.

• Advertisement

Right, seems to be quite a bit of activity so, might have to stick with the multistorey for now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sudename

You can get parking for €4 a day at the train station

sudename wrote: »
    You can get parking for €4 a day at the train station

Thanks for the tip. I'm actually getting weekly parking in the Euro Car Park on the Dock Road for €15, have yet to find something better than this.

BESman wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. I'm actually getting weekly parking in the Euro Car Park on the Dock Road for €15, have yet to find something better than this.

That Euro Car Park has the cheapest weekly rate in town as far as I know. Used to use it myself before where I worked went belly up.

Kess73 wrote: »
    That Euro Car Park has the cheapest weekly rate in town as far as I know. Used to use it myself before where I worked went belly up.

Yes and its reasonably close to where I work so I can't complain really. I just HATE paying for parking! Anyone else as irritated by it as me? I would gladly walk if I could find a place thats free, safe and within 15 minutes walking distance to my workplace. I used to park around the LIDL near Patrick Punches Hotel but the car got broken into...

• Advertisement

BESman wrote: »
    Yes and its reasonably close to where I work so I can't complain really. I just HATE paying for parking! Anyone else as irritated by it as me? I would gladly walk if I could find a place thats free, safe and within 15 minutes walking distance to my workplace. I used to park around the LIDL near Patrick Punches Hotel but the car got broken into...

Finding somewhere free and safe is not easy. Most places if they can pinpoint cars that park in the spaces provided for customers will report the cars to the centre management that run/own the parking areas, plus you get the added headache of the wrong types noticing the car if it gets parked in the area a lot.

Advertisement