Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database - User info

Options
  • 23-02-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I’m looking for sample user databases that have lots of id's on different types of users. Maybe something along the lines of supermarket loyalty card info, pizza orders, DVD rentals or manufacturing assembly line info.

I’ve a project to do for a data mining course and need to find some raw data to work on.

Anyone know where I might find this they of data online?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You probably won't, as it would normally contain confidential information

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

is there no sample databases available just for testing these data mining tools?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Ask the developers of the data mining tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭jmcc

I’m looking for sample user databases that have lots of id's on different types of users. Maybe something along the lines of supermarket loyalty card info, pizza orders, DVD rentals or manufacturing assembly line info.

I’ve a project to do for a data mining course and need to find some raw data to work on.

Anyone know where I might find this they of data online?

thanks
    You could try using Dmoz data. It is in RDF format but should be useful for a data mining test. A lot of data mining is data specific. There is no "one tool fits all" methodology. The Dmoz data is essentially URLs, descriptions and categories. Supermarket loyalty data is valuable data and it is unlikely to be given away for free. The thing about data mining is that once it is beyond the purely academic level, the data and the results become valuable and as such data owners are going to be very reluctant to provide raw data to anyone.

You could always create a test dataset.

Regards...jmcc
    [1] http://rdf.dmoz.org/rdf/

Advertisement