Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleknock Community School

Options
  • 23-02-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Might be a stupid question but I have a course in the Castleknock Community School and I was trying to find out where it is located and all that came up was Castleknock College..are these the same place ? :o

Will be coming in on the N3 from Dunboyne, anyone able to give me directions?

Much appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Come off the N3 at the signs for Blanch shopping centre going right over the bridge, and drive past Shopping Centre on your left. continue on to a roundabout.
    turn Left off the roundabout, and at the next roundabout turn right.
    Take the first left at the lights, and immediately right.
    follow the road past the train station, and straight through a roundabout.
    At the next roundabout turn right and the school is straight ahead.

Thats from memory, might be easier ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Thanks Gaspode, easy to follow directions :)

Cheers

Gaspode wrote: »
    Come off the N3 at the signs for Blanch shopping centre going right over the bridge, and drive past Shopping Centre on your left. continue on to a roundabout.
    turn Left off the roundabout, and at the next roundabout turn right.

Thats from memory, might be easier ways.
    I think that is slighty wrong.

This is also from memory:
    Come off the N3 at the signs for Blanch shopping centre going right over the bridge, and drive past Shopping Centre on your left. continue on to a roundabout.Go straight through the roundabout until you come to another roundabout (Power City will be in front of you)
    turn Left off this roundabout, and at the next roundabout turn right.

Following the above directions on google maps leads to the school

The first roundabout you come to will be the one at the centre. If you take a left it will bring you into the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Would it net be easier to just go straight over the bridge into carpenterstown ?

Which bridge?

TBH I don't really know Castleknock that well. I just followed the above directions on maps and it seems easy to follow..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I think that is slighty wrong.

That's right, I forgot there's another roundabout at the shopping centre.
    Well spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Which bridge?

TBH I don't really know Castleknock that well. I just followed the above directions on maps and it seems easy to follow..
    Instead of turning left at power city, just go straight and straight at next roundabout and over the bridge.

Yeah you could go that way but its a little bit further to drive.

joolsveer wrote: »

Meh, you could also claim that the school is in Carpenterstown, as you can see in the map the school provides. However, both Luttrelstown and Carpenterstown are part of the greater Castleknock area anyway, so what does it matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I know where the school is located and was referring to the markings on the map. I would say that it is in Carpenterstown and not Luttrellstown though.

The Castleknock name now seems to cover all of Dublin 15 as well as some of Dublin 7 when people are buying and selling houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Castleknock Community College
    Carpenterstown Rd,
    Castleknock, Dublin 15,
    Website http://www.castleknockcc.ie/

Advertisement