Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite Godspeed You! Black Emperor! album

Options
  • 23-02-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭

Despite the changing punctuation of their name, what is your favourite record? They have been, without a doubt, my favourite group to listen to regularly since I found them on this fine forum almost one year ago. I am torn between their three studio albums (I have omitted their 1994 album since you can't buy it) as I find they are all brilliant in different ways. So what will it be?

What is your favourite Godspeed You! Black Emperor! album? 10 votes

F♯A♯∞
    0% 0 votes
    Lift Your Skinny Fists like Antennas to Heaven
    30% 3 votes
    Yanqui U.X.O.
    60% 6 votes
    Slow Riot for New Zerø Kanada
    10% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Slow Riot...

love the packaging for the first two LPs - coin, inserts etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 botbot

off shoot a silver mt zion are playing in dublin next month!
    good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Lift Your Skinny Fists is my favourite, though that's mainly because the speech about God on Static is just so weird. Epic band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Liked all their stuff except the last cd, they were also one of the best live bands of the past 15 years,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I picked Slow Riot....just for the insane ramblings of Blaise Bailey Finnegan III and the speeding ticket :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That's actually a really tough question to answer.

Advertisement