Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop elements license question

Options
  • 23-02-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hello,
    I'm new to buying software. Am intetested in purchasing Photoshop elements.
    My question is prob an easy one really. If I buy a copy of this now, install it. but if I change my laptop in the future, do I have to buy a brand new copy again for my new computer. Any answer greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm new to buying software. Am intetested in purchasing Photoshop elements.
    My question is prob an easy one really. If I buy a copy of this now, install it. but if I change my laptop in the future, do I have to buy a brand new copy again for my new computer. Any answer greatly appreciated.

No. You deactivate it on your old computer and install it on your new one.

Adobe Creative Suite licenses allow for two installations of the software but only one can be running at a time. I'd imagine Elements would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Thanks for that. Would you believe the staff at Harvey Normans told me that I'd have to go buy it all over again. She even went off to check it with the guy 'in the know'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Would you believe the staff at Harvey Normans told me that I'd have to go buy it all over again. She even went off to check it with the guy 'in the know'.

Yes, I'd well believe it! :)

Advertisement